HC Has Set Aside My Election Not Disqualified Me: AAP Leader Jitender Singh Tomar
The Delhi High Court on Friday set aside the election of Jitender Singh Tomar for giving false declaration regarding his educational qualification in his nomination papers for the 2015 Assembly polls.
File photo of the former AAP MLA Jitender Singh Tomar.
New Delhi: AAP leader and former Delhi law minister Jitender Singh Tomar asserted that he would file his nomination on Saturday, noting that the High Court has "set-aside" his election not disqualified him.
The Delhi High Court on Friday set aside the election of Tomar for giving false declaration regarding his educational qualification in his nomination papers for the 2015 Assembly polls.
"I will file my nomination on Saturday only as decided earlier. The high court has set aside my election not disqualified me," Tomar told PTI over phone.
In 2015, Tomar had contested from Tri Nagar constituency on an Aam Aadmi Party ticket and the party has again fielded him from the seat.
BJP leader Nand Kishore Garg, the runner-up in 2015 polls, had alleged in his plea that Tomar's election had been "materially affected by deliberate concealment, misrepresentation, wrong declaration and wilful suppression of the educational qualification in the affidavit filed along with the nomination form".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's New Promo Hints at Karan Singh Grover's Return as Mr Bajaj
- Brie Larson Chokes Gal Gadot in This Priceless Marvel vs DC Moment from Oscars, See Pic
- Vivo Z6 5G With Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Processor, 5,000mAh Battery Goes Official
- WARNING! Update Your Google Chrome Browser Right Now; Nothing Else is as Important
- Muslim Man in Meerut Prints Daughter's Wedding Card With Hindu Gods to Promote Religious Amity