Seats (2018) 58/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh9/10 seats
West Bengal5/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
How Does India Count Millions of Votes?
A number of Exit Poll results, including the Network18-Gremener, on Thursday predicted a big BJP victory in Uttar Pradesh, and leading in Uttarakhand, and Goa.
New Delhi: A number of exit poll results, including the Network18-Gremener, on Thursday, predicted a big BJP victory in Uttar Pradesh, and as the leading party in Uttarakhand, and Goa.
However, the BJP-SAD combine is on its way out in Punjab, according to all exit poll results. Millions of voters went out to exercise their right and choose their representative in an election that lasted almost a month.
Ever wondered how these million of votes are counted? While there are still more than 48 hours before the final results start pouring in, News18 brings you an explainer, describing how the counting is done.
Recommended For You
- Morne Morkel Becomes Fifth South African Bowler to Scale Peak 300
- Royal Enfield Interceptor INT 650 Spotted Testing in India, Launch Imminent
- 3 Navratra Recipes that are Healthy and Sumptuous
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour S CNG to be Launched at Rs 5.97 Lakh
- Facebook Sells Your Data: Former Cambridge Analytica VP