How 'Friendly Fights' Cost SP-Congress Almost 5 Seats
Here are the seats where the BJP was able to steal a march though the SP and Congress together totalled more.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi. (Nizam Ansari/Network18)
Partners Samajwadi Party and Congress were engaged in friendly fights in at least a dozen seats and in at least five of them that cost the alliance dearly.
Here are the seats where the Bharatiya Janata Party was able to steal a march though the Samajwadi Party and Congress together totalled more.
BJP on Saturday swept Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections defying all predictions of a tight three-cornered with SP-Congress alliance and BSP.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate