I am with Chandrashekhar, Dalits: Congress Leader Imran Masood
Imran Masood backs Bhim Army founder Chandrashekhar Azad who was nabbed from Himachal Pradesh and said his party stands with the downtrodden sections of the society.
Imran Masood termed Chandrashekhar's arrest as "one-sided" action by the police and said the Congress stands with the downtrodden people.
Saharanpur: Congress leader Imran Masood on Thursday came out in support of Bhim Army founder Chandrashekhar Azad who was nabbed from Himachal Pradesh and said his party stands with the downtrodden sections of the society.
The 30-year-old Azad, the main accused in the Saharanpur caste violence, had been on the run for nearly a month and carrying a reward of Rs 12,000 on his head. He was arrested from Dalhousie area of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday.
Masood termed the arrest as "one-sided" action by the police and said the Congress stands with the downtrodden people.
"The police announced an award of Rs 12,000 for anyone providing information leading to the arrest of Azad but did nothing after issuing an arrest warrant against the local MP and his brother, who indulged in violence in the district," he said.
This government is against Dalits, while we support Azad and the community. The Congress will protest if the police beat up Azad, he said.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty to Tax Fraud at Madrid Court, Accepts Suspended Sentence
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 9.55 Lakh, to Rival Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV300
- Guinness World Records Makes a Man Eat Humble Pie After His Failed Pi Memorisation Record 'Attempt'
- How a Group of Muslims are Feeding TSA as US Government Shutdown Continues For 32nd Day
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s