'I am With Party, I am With Pawar': Dhananjay Munde Breaks Silence Over Alleged Role in Ajit's Coup
Sources had earlier said that Munde was the key to decoding the dramatic events of Saturday morning when Devendra Fadnavis took oath as the chief minister with support of NCP MLAs led by Ajit Pawar.
File photo of Dhananjay Munde in Beed. (Image: Vinaya Deshpande/News18)
Mumbai: NCP leader and Parli legislator Dhananjay Munde broke his silence over his alleged role in aiding Ajit Pawar in the move to join hands with the BJP and said that he is with the NCP and its chief Sharad Pawar.
After staying away from media glare for most of Saturday, he made a dramatic return later in the evening and attended party meeting called by Sharad.
“I am with party, I am with Pawar saheb. Please don’t spread rumours (sic),” Munde said.
Sources had earlier said that Munde was the key to decoding the dramatic events of Saturday morning when BJP’s Devendra Fadnavis took oath as the chief minister for second term with support of NCP MLAs led by Ajit Pawar.
Munde is the nephew of former Maharashtra CM Gopinath Munde and was earlier with the BJP. But after Gopinath Munde fielded his daughter Pankaja from Parli, a family stronghold, he left the BJP and joined the NCP. He defeated his cousin Pankaja in last month’s Assembly elections.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- Avengers Endgame to Game of Thrones to Billy Porter, Here are Most Googled Searches in Entertainment
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders