'If BJP Opens Door Completely...': Amit Shah Warns of Almost Emptying Congress and NCP
Amit Shah was in the south Maharashtra city to attend the conclusion of the second leg of the 'Mahajanadesh Yatra' launched on August 1 by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
File photo of Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
Solapur: Union Home Minister and BJP president Amit Shah on Sunday took a dig at the Congress and the NCP in Maharashtra over "influx" of party leaders joining the ruling party ahead of the Assembly elections.
Shah was in the south Maharashtra city to attend the conclusion of the second leg of the 'Mahajanadesh Yatra' launched on August 1 by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
"If the BJP opens its door completely, except Sharad Pawar and Prithviraj Chavan, no one will remain in their respective parties," Shah said while addressing a rally on the home turf of Congress heavyweight Sushilkumar Shinde.
Pawar is the president of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) while Chavan is a former chief minister of the Congress.
Both the parties, especially the NCP, have witnessed a number of desertions to the ruling Shiv Sena and BJP.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update