India Will be Poverty-free Only After Congress Ouster, Says Rajnath Singh
Lashing out at the TMC in West Bengal, Rajnath Singh alleged that democracy has ceased to exist under its rule in the state.
File photo of Home Minister Rajnath Singh. (PTI)
Amta: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday mocked Congress's promises to eradicate poverty, and said India will actually be freed of poverty the day it gets rid of the Congress.
Addressing an election rally here in Howrah district, Singh said since the days of Jawaharlal Nehru, the Congress has been promising eradication of poverty.
"Now, Rahul Gandhi is also assuring that. The fact is the day the country becomes free of the Congress, it will also get freedom from poverty," he said.
Lashing out at the TMC in Bengal, Singh alleged that democracy has ceased to exist under its rule in the state.
"Democracy ceased to exist in Bengal. The way violence has been unleashed on opposition parties, is it a sign of democracy? In Bengal, we would fight till we restore democracy," he asserted.
Under the TMC rule, "all the three -- the mother, the motherland and the people are suffering," he said, referring to the TMC slogan of 'Ma, Maati and Manush'
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies: It's Not IPL so Pressure to Perform Will be Different For WI Batsmen - Chahal
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Sunny Leone Flaunts Her Bihari Dialect in 'Method Acting' Video, Watch Here
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s