Instead of Blaming EVM, Respect People's Mandate': Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
In an apparent dig at the AAP, Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday said BJP's impressive show in the MCD polls is a "lesson" for those crying foul over EVMs and asked it to respect people's mandate.
Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi speaks to CNN-News18 on Thursday.
New Delhi: In an apparent dig at the AAP, Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday said BJP's impressive show in the MCD polls is a "lesson" for those crying foul over EVMs and asked it to respect people's mandate.
Minister of State for Minority Affairs Naqvi, without naming any of the opposition parties, also added that the saffron party's victory is a "clean sweep" against politics of "anarchy and arrogance".
"Lesson & message for 'EVM Vilaap Mandli'- Instead of blaming EVM, respect people's mandate & do introspection.
"#DelhiMCDpolls-Clean sweep against politics of anarchy, arrogance. Results reflect people's passion for inclusive growth, good governance," Naqvi tweeted.
The AAP, which made its civic polls debut, bagged 26 seats. The Congress was relegated to the third position, winning 8 seats.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Renegades' Sensational Turnaround Hands Them Maiden BBL Title
- 17th February 2005: Ponting Stars, Kiwis go Retro in First-ever T20I
- Black Panther Completes One Year, Actor Chadwick Boseman Posts A Celebratory Pic
- Indian Prodigy Plays Piano at Lightning Speed, Amazes Everyone on 'The World's Best' Show
- AddArmor Escalade Bulletproof Vehicle Can Withstand AK-47 Bullets - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s