Amit Shah Shed Body Weight, Gained Political Weight, Says Ramdev
Amit Shah has shed his body weight by doing yoga, but has increased his political weight substantially, giving tension to many."
Ramdev and Amit Shah practising Yoga. (Image: Amit Shah/Twitter)
Ahmedabad: "Amit Shah has shed his body weight by doing yoga, but has increased his political weight substantially, giving tension to many."
The politically-fraught comment on the BJP national president came from yoga guru Ramdev on the International Day of Yoga, which saw nearly three lakh people turning up to stretch, turn and twist their bodies.
Shah, along with Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, was among the leaders who turned up at the GMDC ground here on the occasion.
"Amit bhai has lost significant weight in recent times. However, on the other side, his political weight has increased substantially. This must have given tension to many. I request them to do yoga to ease their stress," said Ramdev during a breather between two asanas.
Ramdev said the turnout in Ahmedabad is all set to make it to the Guinness Book of World Records, whose officials were also present at the event to tabulate the number of participants.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Bengaluru FC Begin Title Defence Against NorthEast United at Home
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring