Issue of Cow Protection Being Politicised, Claims RSS's Bhaiyyaji Joshi
RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi on Saturday claimed that the cow protection issue was being politicised and turned into a sensitive one.
Pune: RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi on Saturday claimed that the cow protection issue was being politicised and turned into a sensitive one.
"Currently in the country, unfortunately, the issue of cow protection is being politicised and deliberately made sensitive and conflicting and this act is a social sin," he said addressing the valedictory function of the RSS's first and second year cadre training camp here.
According to Joshi, who is the Sahakaryavah of RSS, "cow protection is not against any religion or any particular community".
"Since ancient time, cow has been the medium of agriculture and economic growth for the agrarian community in the country," he said.
He also emphasised that the Sangh believes in dialogue and not in conflict.
"We think that with the help of dialogue, cooperation, the issues can be sorted out, rather than conflict," he said.
While incidents of 'Go-rakshaks' indulging in violence have been reported from several parts of the country, the issue of beef ban came to fore once again recently with Centre's ban on sale of cattle for slaughter at animal markets.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Stop Romanticising Brad Pitt Watching Jennifer Aniston's SAG Award Speech, Please?
- IndiGo is the Only Indian Company to be Ranked Among the Safest Low-Cost Airlines Globally
- Ayushmann Khurrana's Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan Trailer Smashes Homophobia, One Funny Dialogue at a Time
- PUBG Addiction: 25-Year-Old Suffers Brain Stroke While Playing Game, Dies
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona