It is Yogi's Own Fascination: TRS on Adityanath's Pitch on Renaming Karimnagar
Chief minister Yogi Adityanath said if the BJP comes to power in Telangana then the party will work for renaming Karimnagar district into 'Karipuram' and to respect the sentiments of people.
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath .(Twitter/ANI)
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Thursday pooh-poohed Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath's statement on renaming Karimnagar if the BJP came to power in Telangana, saying it's a non-issue.
Addressing an election rally on Wednesday at Karimnagar in the poll-bound Telangana, Adityanath said, "If the BJP comes to power in Telangana then BJP will work for renaming Karimnagar district into 'Karipuram' and respect your sentiments."
"That's nobody's agenda in Karimnagar," the deputy leader of TRS in Lok Sabha, B Vinod Kumar, retorted on Adityanath's renaming pitch.
"It's his (Adityanath's) own fascination. It's in nobody's thoughts in Karimnagar. No body asked for it (renaming). It's for the first time that I have heard (somebody favouring name change)," the Karimnagar MP told PTI.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- Netflix Lets You Set Reminders For Upcoming Movies or Shows, But Only on The TV
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Moon is Glowing Brighter than Sun in NASA's Fermi Gamma-Ray Images