Jagan Govt Agrees in Principle to Return Land of Amaravati Farmers Taken by Naidu Regime
The previous state government had procured around 34,000 acres of fertile land for construction of Amaravati’s capital city.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy (File Photo)
Amaravati: Keeping the promise he made during the recent assembly elections, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy has agreed in principle to return lands to farmers who were unwilling to part with it or which the government does not need any longer.
The decision was taken during Jagan’s review meeting with Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) officials on Wednesday. After the meeting, AP Municipal Minister Botsa Satya Narayan said, “Irregularities were found in allocating plots to farmers who have given their land. The Naidu government gave priority to their close aides while allocating land. We will not continue the works of the Naidu government at any cost. Land will be returned to farmers who were forced to give up their claim,” he said.
The previous state government had procured around 34,000 acres of fertile land for construction of Amaravati’s capital city. The land was taken under the Land Pooling Scheme, which was introduced by Naidu government to replace Implementing Existing Land Acquisition Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013. It was decided that after the capital was constructed, 30 per cent developed land would be returned to farmers and till then, they would get annual compensation.
However, the Jagan government has alleged irregularities in the allocation of plots, saying cabinet ministers and their families were favoured.
Recommended For You
- Facebook May Launch TikTok Competitor to Rope in More Users: Report
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media
- From Politicians to Movie Stars, Women are Sharing Their Favourite Saree Photos on Twitter
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics