Jageshwar Election Results 2017: Govind Singh Kunjwal From Congress Wins
Counting is done for Jageshwar seat, constituency No. 53 of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
Counting is done for Jageshwar seat, constituency No. 53 of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. Govind Singh Kunjwal from Congress wins with 24132 seats.
The main candidates from Jageshwar were Taradatt Pandey (BSP), Subhash Pandey (BJP), Govind Singh Kunjwal (INC) and Mahendra Singh Rawat (UKKD).
In 2012, voters in the hill state had returned a hung verdict with the Congress and the BJP winning 32 and 31 seats in the 70-seat Assembly. Infighting within the Congress had forced a trust vote in the state bringing Harish Rawat back to power.
The majority mark in the state, which voted on February 15, is 36.
Exit polls had predicted a win for the BJP in the state with most projecting it just above the majority mark.
For live Uttarakhand assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image