Jageshwar Election Results 2017: Govind Singh Kunjwal From Congress Wins
Counting is done for Jageshwar seat, constituency No. 53 of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
Counting is done for Jageshwar seat, constituency No. 53 of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. Govind Singh Kunjwal from Congress wins with 24132 seats.
The main candidates from Jageshwar were Taradatt Pandey (BSP), Subhash Pandey (BJP), Govind Singh Kunjwal (INC) and Mahendra Singh Rawat (UKKD).
In 2012, voters in the hill state had returned a hung verdict with the Congress and the BJP winning 32 and 31 seats in the 70-seat Assembly. Infighting within the Congress had forced a trust vote in the state bringing Harish Rawat back to power.
The majority mark in the state, which voted on February 15, is 36.
Exit polls had predicted a win for the BJP in the state with most projecting it just above the majority mark.
For live Uttarakhand assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Perform Most Romantic Dance at an Event And Fans Are Swooning Over
- Sachin to Arjun: Wake Up Everyday And Chase Your Dreams
- IPL 2019: Kohli Should Be Grateful RCB Haven't Sacked Him as Captain - Gambhir
- PewDiePie Briefly Lost World's Popular Battle for the Most Subscribed Channel on YouTube to T-Series
- Metallica Just Announced its Reunion With SF Symphony After 20 Years and Fans Cannot Wait
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s