Jallikattu: DMK Working President MK Stalin Sits on Hunger Strike
DMK MLAs, MPs and party workers, led by its Working President M K Stalin, began a fast on Saturday demanding permanent removal of the ban on jallikattu.
DMK Working President MK Stalin/File photo
Chennai: DMK MLAs, MPs and party workers, led by its Working President M K Stalin, began a fast on Saturday demanding permanent removal of the ban on jallikattu.
DMK cadres and party functionaries from various districts are also participating in the fast.
DMK said they wanted a permanent measure which will ensure conducting of jallikattu without any in hindrances.
Stalin had yesterday welcomed Chief Minister O Panneerselvam's announcement that the state government would issue an ordinance to amend the Prevention of Cruelty Act to allow jallikattu but insisted that bulls should be permanently removed from 'performing animals' category by the Centre so that the sport is held in the state annually.
He also welcomed the protesters' assertion that their agitation would continue till jallikattu was held.
Recommended For You
- Umpire Kumar Dharmasena Admits 'Error' in Awarding England Six Runs in World Cup Final
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- It Went Wrong From My End: PV Sindhu Rues Mistakes in Indonesia Open Final Loss to Yamaguchi
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81