Jallikattu: DMK Working President MK Stalin Sits on Hunger Strike
DMK MLAs, MPs and party workers, led by its Working President M K Stalin, began a fast on Saturday demanding permanent removal of the ban on jallikattu.
DMK Working President MK Stalin/File photo
Chennai: DMK MLAs, MPs and party workers, led by its Working President M K Stalin, began a fast on Saturday demanding permanent removal of the ban on jallikattu.
DMK cadres and party functionaries from various districts are also participating in the fast.
DMK said they wanted a permanent measure which will ensure conducting of jallikattu without any in hindrances.
Stalin had yesterday welcomed Chief Minister O Panneerselvam's announcement that the state government would issue an ordinance to amend the Prevention of Cruelty Act to allow jallikattu but insisted that bulls should be permanently removed from 'performing animals' category by the Centre so that the sport is held in the state annually.
He also welcomed the protesters' assertion that their agitation would continue till jallikattu was held.
Recommended For You
- Man Kills Woman in Chennai After Spat Over Chicken Biryani
- Bhumi Pednekar Turns the Tables on Netizens With These Hilarious 'Sonchiriya' Memes
- Here's Why Kapil Sharma Decided to Quit Drinking
- Gully Boy Faces Major Drop As It Inches Closer to Rs 100 Cr Mark, Uri on 'Miraculous Run'
- Google Built a Microphone in The Nest Secure, And Then Forgot to Mention That to Anyone Buying it
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s