Jandiala Election Results 2017: Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala of Congress Wins
Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala of INC has won the seat in Jandiala, defeating other candidates by securing 53,042 votes.
Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala of Indian National Congress(INC) has won the seat in Jandiala, defeating other candidates by securing 53,042 votes.
The main candidates from Jandiala were Satpal Singh Pakhoke (BSP), Harbhajan Singh E. T. O. (AAP), Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala (INC) and Dalbir Singh (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
Son of Former Excise and Taxation Minister Sardul Singh Bandala, Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala is considered a pick of Rahul Gandhi to promote new age leaders.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected