Jandiala Election Results 2017: Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala of Congress Wins
Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala of INC has won the seat in Jandiala, defeating other candidates by securing 53,042 votes.
Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala of Indian National Congress(INC) has won the seat in Jandiala, defeating other candidates by securing 53,042 votes.
The main candidates from Jandiala were Satpal Singh Pakhoke (BSP), Harbhajan Singh E. T. O. (AAP), Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala (INC) and Dalbir Singh (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
Son of Former Excise and Taxation Minister Sardul Singh Bandala, Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala is considered a pick of Rahul Gandhi to promote new age leaders.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- T-Series All Set to Overtake PewDiePie to Be the Biggest Channel on YouTube
- Holi 2019: 5 Bollywood Films That Will Not Remain Same Without Festival of Colours
- Nirav Modi's Arrest in London Brings Cheer on Social Media
- College Asks Students to Not Gatecrash Weddings, Twitter Defends It as 'Ancient Tradition'
- IPL 2019: Kohli and Chhetri Bond During RCB Training Camp
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s