Jaswant Nagar Election Results 2017: Shivpal Singh Yadav of SP Wins
Counting is on for the Jaswant Nagar seat, constituency No. 199 of Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly.
Shivpal Singh Yadav of SP has won the Jaswant Nagar constituency No. 199 of Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Jaswant Nagar were Durvesh Kumar Shakya (BSP), Manish Yadav Patre (BJP), Jagpal Singh Yadav (RLD), Shivpal Singh Yadav (SP).
SP stronghold, Jaswant Nagar is Yadav dominated constituency in Etawah district. SP leader Shivpal contesting from Jaswant Nagar seat. Shivpal has been emerging victorious in the seat since 1996.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Shivpal Singh Yadav, the winning BJP candidate, got 1,33,563 votes. The nearest contender was Manish Yadav Pataray of BSP who got 52,479 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- 'Delhi Crime': Director Richie Mehta Unfurls the Unknown Side of Nirbhaya Case
- Wong Kar-Wai's New Film 'Blossoms' will be a Follow-Up to 'In The Mood for Love' and '2046'
- 'Apna Paisa Aayega': Nirav Modi's Arrest in London Brings Cheer on Social Media
- Call of Duty Mobile to Launch in Coming Months, Could be a Potential Threat to PUBG Mobile: Watch Video
- Salman Khan Goofed up in His Tweet Announcing 'Inshallah'. Can You Spot it?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s