Jyotiraditya Scindia to Head Congress Screening Committee for Maharashtra Polls
Assembly elections in the state are slated for later this year and the Congress will contest the election in alliance with the NCP.
Bhopal: Congress MP Jyotiraditya Scindia with party workers during his visit to Bhopal on Wednesday. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday formed a six-member screening committee for Maharashtra assembly elections, with party leader Jyotiraditya Scindia as its chairman.
A party statement said that other members of the panel are AICC general secretary in-charge for Maharashtra Congress Mallikarjun Kharge and Pradesh Congress chief Balasaheb Thorat, besides CLP leader KC Padavi.
Harish Chaudhary and Manickam Tagore are also its members.
Assembly elections in the state are slated for later this year and the Congress is seeking to wrest back power from the BJP. The Congress will contest the election in alliance with the NCP.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Promises 'Mad Manoranjan' with Bigg Boss 13 Promo, Announces Launch Date
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser