Kamat Flays Party Colleague Nirupam for Anti-Pawar Comments
Congress General Secretary Gurudas Kamat on Saturday slammed his party colleague Sanjay Nirupam for his comments on NCP chief Sharad Pawar after he was chosen for Padma Vibhushan.
File photo of NCP chief Sharad Pawar shows him addressing a press conference in Mumbra near Mumbai . (Photo: PTI)
Mumbai: Congress General Secretary Gurudas Kamat on Saturday slammed his party colleague Sanjay Nirupam for his comments on NCP chief Sharad Pawar after he was chosen for Padma Vibhushan.
While congratulating Pawar for getting the second-highest civilian award, Kamat said this honour is not only to Pawar but also to his home state Maharashtra.
"I strongly condemn the intemperate language used by Sanjay Nirupam against Pawar. Political differences should not come in the way when the issue is about honour of the State and it's people," the AICC General Secretary maintained.
Nirupam had said bestowing the prestigious award on the former Union Agriculture Minister by the Modi Government showed a "hidden understanding" between NCP and BJP, who are political rivals.
In the past too, Kamat had publicly criticised the Mumbai Congress President over his handling of party affairs in the metropolis.
Recommended For You
- With Phase 4 Films, Marvel Cinematic Universe is Set to Rule Another Decade in Filmmaking
- Malaika Arora's Glamorous Pictures Get Witty Comment from Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- ICC Have Run Out of Patience With Zimbabwe Cricket: Grant Flower
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81