Kamat Flays Party Colleague Nirupam for Anti-Pawar Comments
Congress General Secretary Gurudas Kamat on Saturday slammed his party colleague Sanjay Nirupam for his comments on NCP chief Sharad Pawar after he was chosen for Padma Vibhushan.
File photo of NCP chief Sharad Pawar shows him addressing a press conference in Mumbra near Mumbai . (Photo: PTI)
Mumbai: Congress General Secretary Gurudas Kamat on Saturday slammed his party colleague Sanjay Nirupam for his comments on NCP chief Sharad Pawar after he was chosen for Padma Vibhushan.
While congratulating Pawar for getting the second-highest civilian award, Kamat said this honour is not only to Pawar but also to his home state Maharashtra.
"I strongly condemn the intemperate language used by Sanjay Nirupam against Pawar. Political differences should not come in the way when the issue is about honour of the State and it's people," the AICC General Secretary maintained.
Nirupam had said bestowing the prestigious award on the former Union Agriculture Minister by the Modi Government showed a "hidden understanding" between NCP and BJP, who are political rivals.
In the past too, Kamat had publicly criticised the Mumbai Congress President over his handling of party affairs in the metropolis.
Recommended For You
- #ThisIsNotConsent: Women Are Tweeting Pictures of their Underwear, and you Should Pay Attention
- Jawa Motorcycle Returns To India: Shah Rukh Khan Goes Nostalgic, Says 'Grew Up On This'
- Bigg Boss 12: Shilpa Shinde Brutally Trolled for Defending Sreesanth on Washing Utensils
- Probe Panel Investigating Sexual Harassment Charges Against BCCI Johri Granted Extension
- The Increasing Prices of iPhones, And Competition From Chinese Phone Companies: Analysis