Kartarpur Election Results 2017: Chaudhary Surinder Singh of Congress Wins
INC's candidate Chaudhary Surinder Singh has won the seat by defeating AAP's Chander Kumar and SAD's Sat Paul.
INC's candidate Chaudhary Surinder Singh has won the seat by defeating AAP's Chander Kumar and SAD's Sat Paul. He got 46,729 votes.
The main candidates from Kartarpur were Balwinder Kumar (BSP), Chander Kumar (AAP) and Ch. Surinder Singh (INC) and Sat Paul (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
Having remained a traditional Congress seat, the Akali Dal has managed to grab it in the last two elections. Ch. Surinder Singh is close to Capt. Amrinder Singh.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- On this Day, Dwayne Leverock Took One of the Most Iconic Catches in World Cup History
- Metallica Just Announced its Reunion With SF Symphony After 20 Years and Fans Cannot Wait
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif May Come Together to Promote Urdu. Biggest Joke of 2019, Say Twitterati
- KIA Sportage First Drive Review – Understanding Upcoming KIA SP2i Compact SUV
- IPL 2019: Ganguly & Ponting Back Pant to be India's No. 4 at World Cup
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s