KCR Supported PM Modi to Escape CBI Probe in ESI Hospital Scam, Claims Chandrababu Naidu
Naidu said the CBI had come to Hyderabad and conducted searches at KCR’s residence, after which he started supporting Narendra Modi.
File photo of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu. (Reuters)
Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday launched a scathing attack on Telanaga CM K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), accusing him of supporting Narendra Modi to get out of a criminal case.
Naidu claimed that the CBI had come to Hyderabad to probe the case and conducted searches at KCR’s residence. KCR bowed down and started supporting Modi due to the dear of the case, Naidu said, adding that the case was later washed down and dismissed, due to ‘no evidence’.
“PM Modi wants the political parties to surrender. If you question them, you will be booked. If you surrender, everything will be fine” the Andhra Pradesh chief minister said in an all-party meeting held in Amaravati.
KCR was the minister for labour and employment in Manmohan Singh cabinet from 2004 to 2006. A case was registered against him in connection with the multi-crore ESI Hospital scam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch