Kedarnath Election Results 2017: Manoj Rawat From Congress Wins
Manoj Rawat from Congress won the seat with 13906 seats.
Counting is done for Kedarnath seat, constituency No. 7 of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. Manoj Rawat from Congress won the seat with 13906 seats.
The main candidates from Kedarnath were Kundan Lal (BSP), (BJP), Manoj Rawat (INC), Gangadhar (CPM).
In 2012, voters in the hill state had returned a hung verdict with the Congress and the BJP winning 32 and 31 seats in the 70-seat Assembly. Infighting within the Congress had forced a trust vote in the state bringing Harish Rawat back to power.
The majority mark in the state, which voted on February 15, is 36.
Exit polls had predicted a win for the BJP in the state with most projecting it just above the majority mark.
For live Uttarakhand assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli