Keep Security Cover Minimum to Avoid Public Inconvenience, Priyanka Gandhi Tells Yogi
In a letter sent to Adityanath Priyanka said, "I appreciate the security arrangements made by the police and administration during my visit, but it causes a lot of inconvenience to the people and this troubles me."
File photo of Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi.
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has requested Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to keep her security at a minimum during her visits to the state for the convenience of people.
In a letter sent to Adityanath on Wednesday, Priyanka Gandhi said, "I appreciate the security arrangements made by the police and administration during my visit to the state but it causes a lot of inconvenience to the people and this troubles me."
"Since I am a 'sewak' of people, they should not face any trouble because of me," she said.
Referring to her and her mother Sonia Gandhi's visit to Raebareli in June, she said 22 vehicles were in their convoy, causing inconvenience to people.
In Delhi and other states, she wrote, there was no such problem and only one security vehicle moves along with her and requested the UP chief minister to keep her security at a minimum during her visits to the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Old Video of Kobe Bryant Praising Daughter Gianna's Love for Basketball Will Leave You Teary-Eyed
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Jio and Snapchat Launch 10-second Creative Challenge And Jio’s Got Talent Lens for Snap