Kejriwal Won Delhi in 2015 by Misleading People, This Time He Will Fail: Amit Shah
Home Minister Amit Shah was addressing a gathering at the 'Jeet Ki Goonj' event held in the Jawaharlal Nehru (JLN) Stadium ahead of Delhi Assembly elections.
Home Minister Amit Shah waves at supporters during a Nukkad Sabha for the Delhi polls at Mustafabad in New Delhi on Friday. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Union Home Minister and BJP leader Amit Shah claimed on Saturday that Arvind Kejriwal had won the 2015 Delhi Assembly polls by "misleading people", but this time he would fail.
"He (Kejriwal) had won the 2015 election by misleading the public. What happened after that? What happened in Varanasi, Punjab, Haryana? They lost and he will fail in Delhi too this time," Shah said.
"The people of Delhi have made their decision for 2020 as well. The trend is set to continue. We won 88 per cent of the booths in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls," he added.
The home minister was addressing a gathering at the "Jeet Ki Goonj" event held in the Jawaharlal Nehru (JLN) Stadium ahead of Delhi Assembly elections.
"When you support the BJP, you support the promise to secure the national boundaries of India. When you support the BJP, you are supporting the mission to make India a global figurehead," Shah told the gathering.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Earth Has a Second Moon, And No One Noticed All This While
- Asim Riaz Rehearses with Jacqueline Fernandez for Upcoming Project, Watch Boomerang Video
- What Did Donald Trump's Visit Achieve For India & USA? | Crux+
- Taimur Ali Khan Sporting 'Punjabi Juttis' is the Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Weather Reporter Accidentally Turns on Filters During Facebook Live and Internet Can't Keep Calm