Kerala Class 11 Student Turns Translator for Rahul Gandhi at Wayanad School
Rahul Gandhi, addressing a gathering at a school in Wayanad today, asked if any student could translate for him, to which Fathima Safa, a class 11 agreed.
A Kerala student translates for Congress MP Rahul Gandhi. (Twitter/@RahulGandhi)
Wayanad: A 11th standard student of a government school here was the cynosure of all eyes as she effortlessly translated the English speech of Congress leader, Rahul Gandhi, to Malayalam at her school campus here on Thursday.
The student, Fathima Safa, of the government higher secondary school at Karuvarakkundu was among the audience when Gandhi asked the students if anyone would volunteer to translate his speech.
"Is there any student who would like to translate what I am saying?" Gandhi asked.
Safa lifted her hand and was promptly asked by the Congress leader to come to the stage. The young student without any hesitation climbed onto the stage and translated Gandhi's speech into Malayalam without any trouble.
Gandhi later thanked her and handed over a chocolate in appreciation.
An elated Safa later said she never thought she would get such an opportunity.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ratan Tata Shares Picture of That 'Friend' He Looks Forward to Meeting Everyday in Office
- Mahindra XUV300 Gets 5-Star Crash Test Safety Rating from Global NCAP: Watch Video
- Just a Video of Elephant Taking a Stroll in Sri Lankan Hotel and Inspecting Things With its Trunk
- OnePlus 8 Pro With 120Hz Refresh Rate Display Spotted in Leaked Photo
- Goals! Cristiano Ronaldo 'Kissing' Paulo Dybala is Breaking the Internet