Kerala Lawmaker Waves Gun at Estate Workers
A Kerala lawmaker pointed his hand gun at a group of estate labourers on Thursday during a heated exchange over a pathway in Mundakayam area of Kottayam district in Kerala.
Thiruvananthapuram: A Kerala lawmaker pointed his hand gun at a group of estate labourers on Thursday during a heated exchange over a pathway in Mundakayam area of Kottayam district in Kerala.
MLA PC George, representing Poonjar in Kerala Assembly, said he "displayed" the pistol when a "group of goons challenged" him over blocking the pathway which leads to the house of around 52 families living in the area. George alleged that he was threatened by the “goons” and took out his licensed gun for “self-defence”. “A day earlier the goons had gone to the houses of the residents and threatened them. Some women in the area called me for help. I had informed the police," he said.
“They threatened me too. But I wasn’t scared as I had my gun. So I took out the gun and showed it to them. They were threatening me,” George said.
The MLA was booked under sections 294 (b), 308 and 506 of the IPC which deal with attempt to commit culpable homicide and for use of obscene language.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony