Khem Karan Election Results 2017: Congress Candidate Sukhpal Singh Bhullar Wins
INC's Sukhpal Singh Bhullar has won the seat in Khem Karan, constituency No. 22 of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
Indian National Congress's Sukhpal Singh Bhullar has won the seat in Khem Karan, constituency No. 22 of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Khem Karan were Bikramajit Singh (AAP), Sukhpal Singh Bhullar (INC) and Harjinder Singh (IND) and Virsa Singh (SAD).
Sukhpal Singh Bhullar is the son of Former MLA Gurchet Singh Bhullar and won the seat by defeating SAD's fire brand Akali leader, Virsa Singh Valtoha.
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back