Killing of Party MLA Cannot Deter BJP from Fighting Naxalism: Amit Shah
The BJP MLA's vehicle was blown up with an improvised explosive device at Shyamagiri hills when his convoy was heading towards Kuwakonda from Bacheli area in Chhattisgarh.
File photo of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Amit Shah
New Delhi: BJP chief Amit Shah Tuesday condoled the death of a party MLA in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh and said this act of cowardice cannot deter the party from its commitment to fight Naxalism.
BJP MLA Bhima Mandavi and four security personnel were killed on Tuesday when their convoy was attacked by Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, days before the first phase of elections in the state, police said.
Expressing anguish over the attack, Shah in a series of tweets said, "Such act of cowardice can not deter BJP from its commitment to fight Naxalism." He condoled the bereaved family of the MLA.
Mandavi's vehicle was blown up with an improvised explosive device at Shyamagiri hills when his convoy was heading towards Kuwakonda from Bacheli area, which is about 450 km from state capital Raipur, officials said.
After blowing up the vehicle, the Naxals opened fire at the occupants. The MLA and four security personnel were killed in the attack, police officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Big Little Lies Actor Zoe Kravitz Joins Robert Pattinson's The Batman as Catwoman
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing