Lambi Election Results 2017: SAD's Parkash Singh Badal Wins
SAD's candidate Parkash Singh Badal has won the seat in Lambi defeating Congress' Amarinder Singh and AAP's Jarnail Singh.
SAD's candidate Parkash Singh Badal has won the seat in Lambi defeating Congress' Amarinder Singh and AAP's Jarnail Singh. He got 66375 votes over Singh's 43605 votes.
The main candidates from Lambi were Jarnail Singh (AAP), Amarinder Singh (INC) and Parkash (SAD).
Parkash Singh Badal is the four time winner of this constituency (1997-2012). This time Capt. Amrinder Singh of Congress was fighting against him.
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws