Lambi Election Results 2017: SAD's Parkash Singh Badal Wins
SAD's candidate Parkash Singh Badal has won the seat in Lambi defeating Congress' Amarinder Singh and AAP's Jarnail Singh.
SAD's candidate Parkash Singh Badal has won the seat in Lambi defeating Congress' Amarinder Singh and AAP's Jarnail Singh. He got 66375 votes over Singh's 43605 votes.
The main candidates from Lambi were Jarnail Singh (AAP), Amarinder Singh (INC) and Parkash (SAD).
Parkash Singh Badal is the four time winner of this constituency (1997-2012). This time Capt. Amrinder Singh of Congress was fighting against him.
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Healthy Gameplay System Error Fixed, With an Apology for Shutting Out Gamers in India
- Trailers This Week: Avengers Endgame Drops New Hints, Vivek Oberoi Traverses PM Narendra Modi's Life
- Is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Expecting Her Second Child?
- HP Spectre Folio Review: There Are Premium Laptops, And There is This Setting New Benchmarks
- IPL 2019 | Mumbai Still Hopeful of Malinga's Participation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s