Lehra Election Results 2017: Rajinder Kaur Bhattal of INC Loses to SAD's Parminder Singh Dhindsa
Parminder Singh Dhindsa of SAD has won the seat in Lehra by defeating INC's Rajinder Kaur Bhattal.
Parminder Singh Dhindsa of SAD has won the seat in Lehra by defeating Indian National Congress's Rajinder Kaur Bhattal. He got 65,550 votes.
Dhindsa has emerged as the winner on Lehra seat, constituency No. 99 of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Lehra were Ram Dass (BSP), Jasvir Singh (AAP) and Rajinder Kaur Bhattal (INC).
Rajinder Kaur Bhattal is the former CM of Punjab. She has consecutively won the seat five-times from 1992.
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- New Zealand Women Don Headscarves to Support Muslims After Shootings
- Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota Movie Review: An Irreverent Comic-Book Style Action-Comedy
- Kesari Movie Review: Akshay Kumar Plays a Fearless Warrior with Remarkable Zeal
- Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke Reveals She Suffered from Two Near-Fatal Brain Aneurysms
- At 'PM Narendra Modi' Trailer Launch, Vivek Oberoi Responds Brilliantly When Asked If He'd Join Politics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s