Lehra Election Results 2017: Rajinder Kaur Bhattal of INC Loses to SAD's Parminder Singh Dhindsa
Parminder Singh Dhindsa of SAD has won the seat in Lehra by defeating INC's Rajinder Kaur Bhattal.
Parminder Singh Dhindsa of SAD has won the seat in Lehra by defeating Indian National Congress's Rajinder Kaur Bhattal. He got 65,550 votes.
Dhindsa has emerged as the winner on Lehra seat, constituency No. 99 of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Lehra were Ram Dass (BSP), Jasvir Singh (AAP) and Rajinder Kaur Bhattal (INC).
Rajinder Kaur Bhattal is the former CM of Punjab. She has consecutively won the seat five-times from 1992.
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Section 375 Movie Review: Akshaye Khanna, Richa Chadha's Performances Make for Compelling Courtroom Drama
- Everyone's Called it 'Rumour', but the Internet Still Wants to Know 'Is MS Dhoni Retiring?'
- The Largest Flying Dinosaur Was the Size of a Plane, Find Scientists