L-G Anil Baijal Fires One Bullet at Me Every Day, Says CM Arvind Kejriwal
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has said that Lt Governor Anil Baijal fires one bullet at him every day.
File image of Arvind Kejriwal. (Image: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal "fires one bullet at me" every day, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has said.
This is Kejriwal's first direct attack against Baijal since he was appointed the Lt Governor of Delhi on December 31, 2016.
"We have maintained a good relationship with him (Baijal). The new LG has worked for first three months (in coordination with us).
"We did not utter a word against him before the MCD elections but despite that he fires one bullet at me every day and on this, we are not speaking against him. Tell me what is our fault?" Kejriwal told PTI in an interview on Friday.
Kejriwal and former Lt Governor Najeeb Jung had also been at loggerheads over the administrative control of Delhi.
"We are trying to cooperate with everybody (the Centre and the LG) so that there is development of Delhi, but the Lt Governor fires one bullet at me (every day)," Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal also attacked the BJP, claiming that is an "undemocratic and unconstitutional" party whose only intention to "topple opposition parties' government, buy MLAs, break their parties, use the Lt Governor against them".
Recommended For You
- IIFA Awards 2018 Day 1: Bollywood Stars Kick Off the Ceremony With a Bang. See Photos, Videos
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Swiss Mental Toughness Turned Game Around, Coach Says
- Tik Tik Tik Movie Review: Leave Your Thinking Caps at Home for This Sloppy Slide into Space
- Opinion - Why 2019 Suzuki Jimny Makes a Perfect Case for the Indian Market?
- Japan Volcano Featured in James Bond Movie Erupts, Ejecting Smoke and Rocks