Lok Sabha Must Act Against Azam Khan if He Doesn't Apologise for Sexist Remarks, says LJP
In a statement issued by Lok Sabha MP Veena Devi, the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) said Azam Khan's sexist remarks in the House 'cannot be condoned and were extremely condemnable'.
File photo of former UP minister Azam Khan
New Delhi: BJP ally LJP said on Saturday the Lok Sabha should have acted against Samajwadi Party MP Azam Khan by now for his sexist remarks against Rama Devi and demanded that the Speaker take strict action against him if he does not apologise.
In a party statement issued by its Lok Sabha MP Veena Devi, the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) said Khan's remarks in the House "cannot be condoned and were extremely condemnable".
"Action should have been taken against Azam Khan by now. The Speaker should ensure that stringent action should be taken against him if he does not apologise," she said.
Cutting across party lines, Lok Sabha members on Friday demanded exemplary action against Khan.
Speaker Om Birla has conveyed to Khan's party that he must apologise or action will be taken against him.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station
- Cristiano Ronaldo Praises Lionel Messi, Says He 'Made me a Better Player'