Lok Sabha Polls: AAP to Field Candidates from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha and Andaman
In Uttar Pradesh, the party has fielded Yogesh Dahiya from Saharanpur, Satish Chandra Sharma from Aligarh and Shweta Sharma from Gautam Budh Nagar for the polls.
Representative image (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday announced that it will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls in Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Andaman and Nicobar and Bihar.
In Uttar Pradesh, the party has fielded Yogesh Dahiya from Saharanpur, Satish Chandra Sharma from Aligarh and Shweta Sharma from Gautam Budh Nagar for the polls, senior leader Sanjay Singh said in a tweet.
The party is likely to contest the April-May parliamentary polls from 25 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
The process of selecting candidates for the remaining seats is in the final stage, Singh said.
In Bihar, Aleemuddin Ansari has been fielded from Kishanganj, Raghunath Kumar from Sitamarhi and Satyendra Kumar from Bhagalpur, he said in another tweet.
In Odisha, Basil Ekka was declared as candidate from the Sundargarh constituency, while Sanjay Meshack will be fielded from Andaman and Nicobar, the party said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- You Can Now Stay in Barbie's Iconic Pink Dream House in Malibu for Just Rs 4,200
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies