Lucknow Central Election Results 2017: Brijesh Pathak of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Lucknow Central seat, constituency No. 174 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Brijesh Pathak of BJP has won the Lucknow Central seat, constituency No. 174 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Lucknow Central were Rajeev Srivastava (BSP), Brijesh Pathak (BJP), Abdul Maroof Khan (Congress), Ramesh Chandra (RLD), Shyam Sonkar(SHS), Ravidas Mehrotra (SP).
Lucknow central is a Muslim dominated constituency. BSP turncoat Brijesh Pathak from Lucknow (central) on BJP ticket vs Samajwadi Party (SP) Ravidas Mehrotra, he has been a SP loyalist since the formation of the party in 1992.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Ravidas Mehrotra, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 62,622 votes. The nearest contender was Vidya Sagar Gupta of BJP who got 39,890 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Hope Tribals and Nomads Find Place in 'New India': Meet MP's First College-Going Pardhi Girl
- Radha Ravi Slammed For Misogynistic Remarks Against Nayanthara, Tamil Film Fraternity Boycotts the Actor
- 'Out or Not Out?': ICC Turns Third Umpire to Confused Gully Cricketers in Pakistan
- PM Narendra Modi’s Picture on Air India Boarding Pass Under Criticism on Social Media
- As Apple Embarks on The Services Era, Its Biggest Competition Isn’t Netflix But Amazon Prime
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s