Lucknow North Election Results 2017 Live: Neeraj Bora of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Lucknow North seat, constituency No. 172 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Neeraj Bora of BJP has won Lucknow North constituency seat.
The main candidates from Lucknow North were Ajay Kumar Srivastava (BSP), Dr.Neeraj Bora (BJP) Abhishek Mishr (SP), Ansar Ahmad (Independent).
Lucknow North is a Brahmin dominated constituency. Abhishek Mishra Samajwadi Party (SP), son of former bureaucrat Jai Shanker Mishra, is the sitting MLA and a minister. Abhishek takes on Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) Neeraj Bora, son of former MLA DP Bora. Neeraj earlier contested elections on BSP and Congress ticket but lost.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Congress (INC) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Abhishek Mishra, the winning SP candidate, got 47,580 votes. The nearest contender was Dr. Neeraj Bora of Congress who got 45,361 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- At 'PM Narendra Modi' Trailer Launch, Vivek Oberoi Responds Brilliantly When Asked If He'd Join Politics
- Neither Contesting Elections Nor Campaigning for Any Political Party: Salman Khan
- Vivo X27 Pro With 48-Megapixel Camera, Snapdragon 710 SoC Announced
- Six Dead, Dozens Injured as Blast Rocks Chemical Plant in China
- K-pop Star Jung Joon-young Arrested for Secret Sex Videos Scandal
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s