Ludhiana South Election Results 2017: Balvinder Singh Bains of LIP Emerges as a Surprise Winner
Balvinder Singh Bains of LIP has won the seat in Ludhiana South.
Balvinder Singh Bains of LIP has won the seat in Ludhiana South. He secured 53955 votes over INC candidate Bhupinder Singh Sidhu's 23038 votes.
The main candidates from Ludhiana South were Charan Singh (BSP), Bhupinder Singh Sidhu (INC) and Hira Singh Gabria (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Perform Most Romantic Dance at an Event And Fans Are Swooning Over
- Google Launches Game Streaming Platform Called Stadia, to Take on The Traditional Gaming Industry
- Deepika Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor Hug Each Other, Dance to Ranveer Singh's Song from Simmba at an Event
- IPL 2019: Kohli Should Be Grateful RCB Haven't Sacked Him as Captain - Gambhir
- Iron Man to Avengers Endgame, 22 Marvel Films Will be Dubbed as 'The Infinity Saga'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s