Ludhiana South Election Results 2017: Balvinder Singh Bains of LIP Emerges as a Surprise Winner
Balvinder Singh Bains of LIP has won the seat in Ludhiana South.
Balvinder Singh Bains of LIP has won the seat in Ludhiana South. He secured 53955 votes over INC candidate Bhupinder Singh Sidhu's 23038 votes.
The main candidates from Ludhiana South were Charan Singh (BSP), Bhupinder Singh Sidhu (INC) and Hira Singh Gabria (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look