Lynching of Minorities in BJP-ruled States Continue with Impunity, Says Sitaram Yechury
Yechury was reacting to reports of a retired Army captain beaten to death by unidentified assailants in Uttar Pradesh.
CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury. (PTI Photo/File)
New Delhi: CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury on Sunday alleged that lynching of minorities in BJP-ruled states "continue with impunity", reacting to reports of a retired Army captain beaten to death by unidentified assailants in Uttar Pradesh.
The 64-year-old retired Army officer, Amanullah, was beaten to death on Saturday night in Godiyan ka Purva village in Amethi district, according to police.
"Lynchings of minorities in BJP ruled states continues with impunity. That the victim was a retired army officer only bears testimony to the level of hatred being fuelled by this political ideology where those responsible for punishing lynchers protect them," he tweeted.
Amanullah and his wife were in their house when a group of people attacked them with sticks, his son told police.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March