With Eye on UP Polls, Mafia-Turned-Politician Mukhtar Ansari's Party To Merge With SP
The merger gives ammunition to opposition parties which have consistently hit out at Samajwadi Party for protecting the hooligans and miscreants in the state.
While Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has on several occasions reiterated his government's commitment to maintaining law and order in the state, a merger with mafia turned politician Mukhtar Ansari's Qaumi Ekta Dal is set to raise many eyebrows.
Ansari, along with his brother Afzal Ansari will be joining Samajwadi party in Lucknow on Tuesday.
The merger gives more ammunition to the opposition parties which have consistently hit out at Samajwadi Party for protecting the hooligans and miscreants in the state.
"This is nothing new. Samajwadi Party is trying all means to get back to power in the next elections," BJP leader Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He also added that the BJP will "definitely take up the issue of increasing lawlessness that the BJP will take up ahead of the elections."
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Gets Cosy With Rumoured Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor at a Party; Photo Goes Viral
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?
- Kohli, Rahul & Pant Cheer for Team India in Women's World T20
- Facebook Suggests The Switch to Android From iPhones Was Purely on Merit, Not a Tiff With Tim Cook