Maharajpur Election Results 2017: Satish Mahana of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Maharajpur seat, constituency No. 217 of Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly.
Satish Mahana of BJP has won Maharajpur constituency No. 217 of Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Maharajpur were Manoj Kumar Shukla (BSP), Satish Mahana (BJP), Rajaram Pal (Congress), Dharmendra Tiwari (RLD), Aruna Tomar (SP).
Maharajpur is a Brahmin dominated constituency. Fight between Satish Mahana (BJP), sitting MLA from Maharajpur and six time MLA from Kanpur Cantonment against SP Aruna Tomar and Congress Rajaram Pal.
The Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) defeated the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Satish Mahana, the winning BJP candidate, got 83,144 votes. The nearest contender was Saroj Kureel of BSP who got 49,969 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Helps Driver and Personal Helper Buy Houses in Mumbai by Gifting Rs 50 Lakhs Each: Report
- Christchurch Aftermath: Dev Patel’s Film On 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attacks Pulled Down From Theatres in New Zealand
- Watch: Top Stories Of This Hour
- Top 5 Xiaomi Phones You Can Buy This Holi to Enjoy PUBG Mobile: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, Poco F1 And More
- Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Gaming Smartphone With 12GB RAM, Pressure Sensitive Display Unveiled
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s