Majitha Election Results 2017: Bikram Singh Majithia of SAD Wins
SAD candidate Bikram Singh Majitha has won the seat in Majitha.
SAD candidate Bikram Singh Majitha has won the seat in Majitha by securing 65803 votes.
Bikram Singh Majithia is a senior minister in the government. Kejriwal vowed to send him to jail if he comes into power.
The main candidates from Majitha were Surjit Singh (BSP), Himmat Singh Shergill (AAP) and Sukhjinder Raj Singh Lalli (INC), Bikram Singh Majithia (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Not a Pitch We Would Like to Play on: Dhoni
- IPL 2019 | Spinners Steal the Show as CSK Start Campaign in Style
- Federer Rallies to Beat 46th-ranked Albot in Miami Opener
- Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner Bring Back '2000s Bucket Hat Trend
- Delhi Crime Review: Netflix Show Successfully Presents a Different Point of View on Nirbhaya Case
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s