Majitha Election Results 2017: Bikram Singh Majithia of SAD Wins
SAD candidate Bikram Singh Majitha has won the seat in Majitha.
SAD candidate Bikram Singh Majitha has won the seat in Majitha by securing 65803 votes.
Bikram Singh Majithia is a senior minister in the government. Kejriwal vowed to send him to jail if he comes into power.
The main candidates from Majitha were Surjit Singh (BSP), Himmat Singh Shergill (AAP) and Sukhjinder Raj Singh Lalli (INC), Bikram Singh Majithia (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana
- Europa League 2019, Manchester United vs Astana Live Streaming: When and Where to Watch Live Telecast