Mamata Banerjee Expresses Concern over 'Recent Happenings' in UP
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday expressed concern over the recent happenings in Uttar Pradesh.
File photo of West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee (PTI)
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday expressed concern over the recent happenings in Uttar Pradesh.
In a series of tweets, she said, “We are concerned about recent happenings in UP. People are afraid and many are scared about differences over caste, creed and religion.”
We are concerned about recent happenings in UP. People are afraid & many are scared about differences over caste, creed & religion 1/3— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) March 28, 2017
“We are all one. Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas sirf bolna nahi hain, karna hain (taking everyone along, development for all...We have to do it, to make it meaningful,” her tweet reads.
“A government has to be for all. We need to safeguard our Constitution and allow it to guide us,” she added.
Following the massive BJP’s victory in Uttar Pradesh, the party appointing Aditya Nath Yogi as Chief Minister, the government has undertaken series of steps. One of the recent ones is the ban on illegal slaughterhouses has led to great confusion in the state along with a meat crisis after meat shops in the state went on strike against what they call harassment.
Recommended For You
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- 'No Way Out': Elon Musk Thinks Earth Will Ultimately Perish When a Huge Asteroid Strikes Us
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'