Mamata Pays Tribute to Karunanidhi on His First Death Anniversary
Mamata Banerjee is scheduled to unveil a statue of the former Tamil Nadu chief minister at the Murasoli office of the DMK.
File photo of late DMK patriarch and former Tamil Nadu CM M Karunanidhi.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday paid her tribute to M Karunanidhi on his first death anniversary.
Banerjee had on Tuesday evening left for Chennai, where she is scheduled to unveil a statue of the former Tamil Nadu chief minister at the Murasoli office of the DMK. "Tribute to M Karunanidhi, former chief minister of Tamil Nadu, on his death anniversary," Banerjee tweeted.
According to sources, MK Stalin, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president and son of Karunanidhi, has invited Banerjee and several other leaders, including Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy and Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu, at Wednesday's memorial meeting to mark the first death anniversary of the party patriarch.
Karunanidhi died in Chennai on August 7 last year after prolonged illness.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio Questions Lack of Media Interest in Amazon Fire, Alia Bhatt, Arjun Kapoor Express Concern
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station