Mamata Banerjee Releases Trinamool's Lok Sabha List for All 42 Bengal Seats
Releasing the list, Mamata Banerjee assailed the Centre over a host of issues including the Rafale deal, farm distress and shrinking employment opportunities.
Kolkata: West Bengal chief minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday announced a list of her party candidates for all the 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state, dropping 10 sitting MPs.
Addressing a press conference wherein she named the candidates, Banerjee also launched an attack on the BJP and Narendra Modi government. She said she had information that "VVIPs" were using helicopters and chartered flights to transport money to voters.
The Bengal chief minister attacked the Centre over a host of issues, including the Rafale deal, farm distress and shrinking employment opportunities.
Banerjee said the outgoing TMC lawmakers whose names did not figure in the list would be drafted for party work.
She said 41% of the nominees in the list were women. The Trinamool Congress, she said, will also field candidates in some seats of Odisha, Assam, Jharkhand, Bihar and the Andamans.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Sky Is Pink Early Reviews: Priyanka Chopra Film Gets 4-minute Standing Ovation at TIFF
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated