Mamata Running 'Dictatorship', Misusing Police in WB: Kiren Rijiju
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is a ‘dictator’ and forcing the state bureaucrats to act against BJP leaders in the state, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said on Sunday.
Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju (PTI)
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is a ‘dictator’ and forcing the state bureaucrats to act against BJP leaders in the state, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said on Sunday.
Addressing the party leaders in Birbhum district on Sunday, Rijiju said, “She (Mamata) is misusing state power to torture political opponents.”
“It is unfortunate that the police in the state are finding it difficult to work freely. They are forced to work under the instructions of TMC leaders. They are lodging false cases against our leaders,” he said, while reacting on FIR against state BJP President Dilip Ghosh for carrying arms during the Ram Navami festival.
“The government is running a dictatorship. Our supporters didn't carry any unlicensed guns. Swords and trident are traditional and symbolic weapons. It is the religious right of the people. It is very unfortunate that the state government has initiated a case against him under arms act,” he said,
He also slammed the West Bengal government for not implementing central government's welfare schemes for the betterment of poor people in the state.
Meanwhile, the Birbhum district police has refused to give permission to the BJP to hold a rally on April 11 on the occasion of ‘Hanuman Jayanti’.
Recommended For You
- Bharat Teaser: A Special Treat for Salman Khan Fans on Independence Day; Watch It Here
- Gold Review: Akshay Kumar, Mouni Roy Give Fans the Perfect Independence Day Gift
- Independence Day 2018: From Big B to Ranveer, B-town Celebs Extend Wishes on the Occasion
- Captain’s Knock: Guess Who Is Personally Training Ranveer Singh For His Role In Kabir Khan’s 83?
- A Woman Has Landed in Trouble for Doing the #KikiChallenge With a Pakistani Flag on an Airplane