Man Booked for 'Derogatory' Comments Against CM Adityanath on Social Media
Updesh Yadav Samajwadi, a resident of Kilapur in the district Shahjahanpur, allegedly posted derogatory comments against Adityanath on his Facebook page on Thursday night.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. (PTI Photo)
Shahjahanpur (UP): A man has been booked in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur for allegedly making derogatory comments against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on the social media, the police said on Saturday.
Updesh Yadav Samajwadi, a resident of Kilapur in the district Shahjahanpur, allegedly posted derogatory comments against Adityanath on his Facebook page on Thursday night, Virendra Chauhan, the police station in-charge of Mirzapur, said.
A police complaint against the accused was lodged this morning by Manoj Kashyap, who had contested the state Assembly polls earlier this year on a BJP ticket from Jalalabad, Chauhan said, adding that the accused was absconding.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5