Ink Thrown at Kanhaiya Kumar, Jignesh Mewani in Gwalior by ‘Right Wing Worker'
Mukesh Pal of the Hindu Sena threw ink at Kumar and Mevani, which left a stain on their shirts, when the two were about to address the seminar
File photo of former JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar.
Gwalior: A man reportedly belonging to a right-wing organisation Monday threw ink at Gujarat MLA Jignesh Mevani and former JNU students union leader Kanhaiya Kumar here, police said.
The two were in Gwalior to address a seminar at the Chamber of Commerce Bhawan here as part of their "Samvidhan Bachao" protest.
Mukesh Pal of the Hindu Sena threw ink at Kumar and Mevani, which left a stain on their shirts, when the two were about to address the seminar, said Additional Superintendent of Police SS Tomar.
Kumar and Mevani later addressed the seminar as scheduled with Tomar informing that its proceedings were videographed.
Tomar said Pal had been arrested for the incident, while another 20 were held for burning effigies of Kumar and Mevani on Sunday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5