Mantri-Tantri Showdown Over Sabarimala as ‘Donkey’ Barbs Fly
G Sudhakaran has been cut up with the Sabarimala tantri family ever since they threatened to close down the temple in case women in the age group 10 to 50 arrive to pray at the shrine in line with a Supreme Court verdict.
Alappuzha (Kerala): Kerala PWD Minister and CPI(M) leader G Sudhakaran on Sunday slammed the Sabarimala temple tantri saying the donkeys in the temple town have more grace.
Sudhakaran made the observation at an inaugural speech at a cultural event here.
The minister has been cut up with the Sabarimala tantri family ever since they threatened to close down the temple in case women in the age group 10 to 50 arrive to pray at the shrine in line with a Supreme Court verdict.
The members of the Kantararu family hold the tantric rights of the Sabarimala temple. The present chief tantri is Kantararu Rajeevaru and it was he who made the offending remark.
Sudhakaran said they (tantris) do not appear to have any attachment or concern towards Lord Ayyappa.
"At the temple town, it is the donkeys that do most of the work. Till date they have not gone on any protest. After their hard work they take rest near the Pamba river. These donkeys have more grace than the tantri," said a fuming Sudhakaran.
At the temple town, donkeys carry most goods from the base camp at Pamba to the hill temple.
Recommended For You
- Game of Thrones S8 Creates History, Earns Record Number of Emmy Nominations Despite Backlash
- Rakul Preet Backs Manmadhudu 2 Smoking Scene: Smoking in Kabir Singh Doesn’t Make Shahid Smoker
- OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro Get New Discount and Exchange Deals on Amazon After Prime Day Sale Ends
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies
- Netflix May Just Have Revealed the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with New Tweet