Maoists Gun Down Woman Polling Officer in Odisha on Election Eve
Sector Officer Sanjukta Digal was shot dead when she got down from a vehicle to check a suspicious object lying on the road while passing through a jungle, said DGP B K Sharma.
Phulbani (Odisha): Maoists gunned down a woman polling officer in Kandhamal district of Odisha on Wednesday when she was taking a team of poll personnel to a booth on the eve of second phase election, police said.
Sector Officer Sanjukta Digal was shot dead when she got down from the vehicle to check a suspicious object lying on the road while passing through a jungle, said DGP B K Sharma.
Other polling personnel were in the vehicle and were unhurt.
The incident occurred in the Phulbani Assembly segment under the Kandhamal Lok Sabha seat where polling is scheduled to begin at 7 am on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy