Mathura Election Results 2017: Shrikant Sharma of BJP Wins
BJP's Shrikant Sharma has won the Mathura seat defeating INC's Pradeep Mathur, who won in 2012.
BJP's Shrikant Sharma has won the Mathura seat by defeating INC's Pradeep Mathur, who won in 2012.
The main candidates from Mathura were Shrikant Sharma (BJP) BSP Yogesh Kumar, Pradeep Mathur (INC), Gaffar Abbas (CPI) and Ashok Agrawal (RLD).
In the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, the Congress (INC) defeated Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by a slim margin of just 501 votes to win this constituency. Pradeep Mathur, the winning Congress candidate, got 54,498 votes. The nearest contender was Devendra Kumar Sharma of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who got 53,997 votes. The voter turnout was 56.30 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- T-Series All Set to Overtake PewDiePie to Be the Biggest Channel on YouTube
- Nirav Modi's Arrest in London Brings Cheer on Social Media
- PUBG Addiction: Karnataka Boy Writes How to Play Battle Royale Game in Answer Sheet, Fails PU Exam
- College Asks Students to Not Gatecrash Weddings, Twitter Defends It as 'Ancient Tradition'
- Salman Khan Did an Oopsie in His Tweet Announcing 'Inshallah'. Can You Spot it?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s