Mayawati Sacks Close Aide Ramvir Upadhyaya for Supporting BJP Candidates in UP
Once considered Mayawati's right hand, Ramvir Upadhyaya was also removed from the chief whip position in the Assembly.
File photo of BSP chief Mayawati. (PTI)
Agra: Bahujan Samaj Party supremo Mayawati on Tuesday sacked Ramvir Upadhyaya, once considered her right-hand man. She sacked her former Energy Minister over his anti-party activities, especially for supporting BJP candidates in Uttar Pradesh.
Upadhyaya was also removed from the chief whip position in the Assembly. However, he continues to be an MLA from Sadabad.
General Secretary Mewa Lal Gautam in a letter had accused Upadhyaya of carrying out anti-party activities in Aligarh, Fatehpur Sikri, Aligarh and Hathras by supporting rival candidates.
Upadhyaya was found hobnobbing with senior BJP leaders after his wife Seema Upadhyaya refused to contest from Fatehpur Sikri (Agra rural) constituency on a BSP ticket against Congress candidate Raj Babbar and BJP's Raj Kumar Chahar.
Upadhyaya has been asked not to attend any BSP meetings.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat