MCD Elections 2017: And the Most Common Candidate Names Are...
A total of 2,537 candidates representing 19 political parties and independents are in the fray for 272 wards.
Word cloud of candidate names in 2017 MCD elections (Image: Soumyadip Choudhury/News18.com)
The three municipal corporations of Delhi go to the polls on April 23 and 2,537 candidates representing 19 political parties and independents are in the fray for 272 wards.
We analysed the list of contestants for the 2017 MCD elections and found that "Mohd" (abbreviation of the common Muslim first name Mohammed) is the most common first name with 37 people on the list with the name. If we include other variants (such as Md. or Mohammed) the number goes up to 46.
The second most popular name on the list is "Sunita" with 35, followed by Poonam (30), Anita (27), Sanjay (27), Rekha (25), Suman (24) and Raj (23).
The results for the elections will be announced on April 26 and you can follow it live here on News18 for the fastest updates.
The interactive word cloud below gives an overview of the frequency of candidate first names in elections for the North Delhi Municipal Corporation, South Delhi Municipal Corporation and East Delhi Municipal Corporation.
Recommended For You
- I Have Been Practising These Shots, Says Dinesh Karthik
- Big B Has Embarrassing Dad Moment, Posts Shweta's Baby Pic On Instagram
- Pero's Fresh & Vibrant Take On Autumn/Winter Style Wins Hearts At AIFW AW ‘18
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- Irani Cup: Rajneesh Gurbani Puts Vidarbha on Brink of Win After Record 800/7